Someone would not share their chicken marinade recipe with me, and so I had to figure one out for myself. I will not tell you who it is, but I am sure you can figure it out!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: Depends on the chicken.
Total Time: 1 Day and 10 minutes
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 Cups Cider Vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Poultry Seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Black Pepper
- Crack the egg into a mixing bowl and whisk until beaten.
- Slowly whisk in the oil until fully blended.
- Then whisk in the vinegar, salt, poultry seasoning and black pepper.
*Set some sauce aside for basting while grilling.
- Place chicken in a shallow baking dish or Ziplock bag and coat with remaining sauce.
- Cover or seal and immediately place in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Grill the chicken, using a low heat and slower cooking is recommended. Turn the chicken every five to ten minutes, depending on the heat from the fire. Basting the chicken each time.
- When fully cooked, remove from grill and eat immediately, Enjoy!
- Chicken halves are best for this recipe!
- The basting should be light at first and heavy near the end of the cooking period.
- The recipe can be varied to suit individual tastes. I tend to put a little more poultry seasoning in mine than is called for and I have also tried using 1 Cup Distilled White Vinegar and 1 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar and that turned out very good!
- Leftover sauce can be stored in a glass jar in a refrigerator for several weeks.
- Do not partially cook chicken in the kitchen ahead of time unless you are going to put it on the grill immediately. Dangerous bacteria can sometimes grow when food is partially cooked, held for a time, then later re-cooked.
- Make sure to cook the chicken thoroughly to kill any bacteria!